4-5 cups cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups broccoli florets
1 medium onion, diced
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
2 tablespoons fried onions (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9 X 13 pan with non-stick spray.
3. Place chicken and broccoli in a large mixing bowl. If you like your broccoli to be soft, steam it in the microwave 2-3 minutes first.
4. Sautee onion in olive oil with salt and pepper. When onion is soft and slightly brown (about 3-5 minutes), add cream cheese to sautee pan.
5. When cream cheese is melted, whisk in chicken broth until the mixture is smooth. Allow to simmer for about a minute, or until sauce thickens slightly.
6. Add cream cheese and onion mixture to chicken and broccoli. Mix well. Add 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and mix again. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Spread evenly in baking pan. Add remaining 3/4 cup cheese and fried onions on top.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.