2 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
15 g reduced salt margarine e.g. canola
4 medium bananas
1/4 c chopped macadamias
1/3 c low fat greek style yoghurt, to serve
1. Heat a barbeque or stovetop grill to high heat. Mix together the brown sugar, vanilla and margarine until fully combined.
2. Peel the banana skins back, but do not take them off the bananas.
3. Spoon a little brown sugar mixture onto each banana, then fold the skins back around the flesh to enclose. Cover the bananas in foil.
4. Place the bananas on the grill and barbeque for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing the foil.
5. Carefully peel away the skin from the bananas.
6. Place the bananas on serving plates and spoon over any melted margarine mixture left in the skins.
7. Sprinkle liberally with macadamias and serve with a spoonful of the low fat Greek style yoghurt.