6 (4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 egg whites
6 slices low-fat Swiss cheese
6 slices lean deli ham
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Butterfly cut each chicken breast in half, leaving it attached on one side.
3. Open your chicken breasts, lay them between two pieces of wax paper or saran wrap and use a meat mallet to pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
4. Flatten all the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
5. Taking your laid open chicken breast, first place your cheese, then your ham along the inside. Fold the chicken closed.
6. Continue with the rest of chicken breasts. In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs together.
7. Take your closed chicken pockets and dip (tops and bottoms) in the egg. Shake off excess and then dredge chicken in the breadcrumbs, making sure entire surface is covered.
8. Place chicken breasts on a greased baking tray.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until outside is crispy and golden, and chicken is no longer pink.