1 cup all-purpose flour / plain flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened raspberry (fresh or frozen, if using frozen do not thaw)
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar / icing sugar (glaze)
1 teaspoon non fat milk (glaze)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (glaze)
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine the egg, yogurt, butter, and vanilla and add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
2. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an 8-in round baking pan (a pie or cake pan work great for this) coated with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Combine the brown sugar and raspberries. Sprinkle over batter. Spoon the remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle with almonds.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C / Gas 4 Moderate for 35-40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and is golden brown.
5. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
6. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.