4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons honey
1 - 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons water
2 - 3 teaspoons ground ginger or 1 tablespoon freshly ground ginger root
2 - 4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C or 350°F. Select a sturdy oven dish - preferably non-stick.
2. Place the chicken breasts into the baking dish.
3. Mix the honey, mustard, water, ginger & crushed garlic (and cayenne pepper if using) together in a measuring jug.
4. Pour over the chicken breasts, easing them up slightly so the mixture runs underneath them. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste Bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve one chicken breast per person with some of the cooking sauce drizzled over the top of the chicken.
6. Garnish with chopped parsley & serve with a medley of steamed vegetables & pasta.