3 shallots / spring onions (sauce)
half a teaspoon of chilli powder (sauce)
half a carton of passata — about 250ml / tomato puree (sauce)
4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (sauce)
a good shake of lea and perrins (worcestershire sauce) (sauce)
4 tablespoons of artificial sweetener (sauce)
4 chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon
green veg, to serve
1. To make the sauce. Peel and finely chop the shallots. Put them in a frying pan, sprinkle the chilli powder over the top and fry them for about six minutes until they’re soft.
2. Once the shallots have softened just add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Keep the sauce on a medium to high heat and stir it occasionally — it should thicken up nicely.
3. Pre-heat the oven to about 210C. Spray a roasting tin / baking tray with cooking spray and lay the chicken breasts in them. Then slit the breast down the middle to make a pocket.
4. When the sauce is ready, spread it in the slits and over the top of the chicken breasts. Take the bacon and either wrap it round the breast or lay it over the top. Then put the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle an ounce of the cheese over the top of the breast and put back into the oven for another 10 minutes. Serve it with the vegetables.