350 grams beef cubes
1 divided large carrot
1 small diced onion
400 grams potatoes, cut into large cubes
1 divided celery stalk
200 grams fresh peas
400 grams peeled canned tomatoes
1 tbs plain flour
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 sprig fresh rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the beef cubes in a large resealable bag, add the flour and season with salt and pepper. Seal the bag and toss well to evenly coat the meat.
2. In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrot, celery, onion and saute until the onion is golden for about 5 minutes.Take the vegetables to the slow cooker.
3. Return the pot to medium-high heat, add the remaining olive oil and the Add the beef cubes. Cook stirring until the beef has browned.
4. In the meantime, crush the canned tomatoes with a fork or pulse in a food processor until smooth. After that transfer the browned meat to the slow cooker, add the potatoes, peas, tomato sauce, rosemary, bay leaves and salt.
5. Stir, cover and cook on low heat for about 8 hours. Discard the bay leaves and rosemary. Serve it warm with some bread.