1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
3 very ripe bananas, about 1 cup
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour / plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup milk or dark chocolate chips (dark are healthier)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bread pan. Set aside.
2. Beat together the Greek yogurt, smashed bananas (remove the peel and smash with a fork) and the eggs one at a time.
3. Beat in the vanilla and brown sugar until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
5. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined (over stirring or beating will make for a denser bread). Gently stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Transfer the mixture to a bread pan.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out clean. You may need to cover the top of the bread with a tin foil tent to keep it from excessively browning.
7. Remove and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan and transferring to a cooling rack.