1/2 pound (250 g) organic strawberries
3 tablespoons (40 g) sugar
1/2 cup (125 ml) of water
1 medium lemon verbena branch
1. Prepare the syrup. Pour sugar and water into a heavy saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and cook the syrup for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Add the branch of lemon verbena and steep until the syrup is completely cooled. Briefly wash strawberries under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Hull the strawberries and cut into medium size pieces. Divide strawberries in cups (or glasses).
5. Remove the branch of lemon verbena and pour the cold syrup over the strawberries. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.