227 g can pineapple slices in juice, drained and chopped, juice reserved
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp each soy and brown sugar
2 ½ tbsp rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
1 tbsp sunflower oil
200 g stir-fry pork strips, trimmed of fat
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
3 spring onions, quartered and shredded
1. Mix 4 tbsp of pineapple juice into the cornflour until smooth, then stir in the tomato sauce, soy, sugar and vinegar.
2. Heat oil until very hot in a wok, then throw in the pork for 1 min, stirring.
3. Lift pork out onto a plate, then set aside. Add the pepper, stir-fry for 2 mins, then add the pineapple and most of the spring onions for 30 secs.
4. Stir in the sauce for 1 min, splashing in a little water as it cooks, then stir the pork back in for 20-30 secs until just cooked through – it should still be tender.
5. Scatter with the remaining spring onions. Serve with rice or noodles.