1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cardamom pods, bashed
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp coriander
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 green chilli, deseeded (if desired) and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
thumb-size piece ginger, finely chopped
800 g mixed vegetables, such as carrots, cauliflower, potato and courgette, chopped
300 ml hot vegetable stock
200 g frozen peas
2 tbsp ground almonds (optional)
toasted flaked almonds
1. Heat the oil in a large pan.
2. Cook onion with the dry spices over a low heat for 5-6 mins until the onion is light golden.
3. Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 min.
4. Add in the mixed vegetables and cook for a further 5 mins. Add the stock and simmer for 10 mins. Add the peas cooking for 3 mins more until the veg are tender.
5. Remove from the heat and stir through the yogurt and ground almonds, if using.
6. Serve sprinkled with the toasted almonds and coriander, with basmati rice on the side. Kcalories 257