1 organic free-range chicken
1 medium parsnip
2 sticks of celery
2 bay leaves
1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
salt and pepper
about 4 litres of water
1. Firstly, prep the vegetables. Cut the parsnip into quarters, top and tail the carrots and cut in half.
1. To make it more indulgent, add some pasta or noodles to the strained stock.
2. Cut the leek, celery and onion into big pieces and put into your biggest saucepan. Then add the chicken.
3. Finally, cover in water and add the bay leaves, plus half of the parsley - stalks and all.
4. Slowly bring the pan to boil and then turn right down. Leave just below a simmer for three hours.
5. Drain all the stock into another saucepan. Slice the carrots and add to the stock, and finally add some chopped chicken back in.
6. Add one breast back into the soup and make the rest into Thai chicken salad or use for sandwiches.
7. Then add a handful of chopped parsley and check the seasoning. 106 calories per serving