4 chicken breast fillets, cut in bite-sized pieces
4 level tbsp tandoori spice blend
low fat natural yogurt
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 cinnamon stick
6 cardamom pods
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
3 level tbsp tomato puree
200 ml reduced-fat coconut milk
4 vine-ripened tomatoes
2 level tsp garam masala
fresh coriander and basmati rice, to serve
1. Mix the chicken with the Tandoori spice blend, yogurt and lime juice in a large, non-metallic dish. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight, stirring occassionally.
2. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment and put the chicken on it, wiping off excess marindade with a brush (reserve leftover marinade). Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, add the cinnamon and cardamom, and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring.
4. Stir in the saved marinade, tomato paste, coconut milk and 100ml water. Halve the tomatoes, and scoop out and discard the seeds. Chop, add to the pan and bring to the boil. Stir in the garam masala and the chicken. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with the coriander, rice and poppadums (optional).