175 g medium egg noodles
1 tbsp/15 ml sunflower oil
1 med onion/90 g onions
2 cloves/6 g garlic
175 g bean sprouts
175 g mange tout
225 g chicken breast, fillets - skinless & boneless
2 tbsps/30 ml dark soy sauce
10 g ginger root
5 g five spice powder
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5.
2. Put a piece of foil (approx 30x40cm) onto a baking sheet and brush the centre with 1 teaspoon/5 ml of the oil.
3. Place the chicken breasts, side by side, onto the centre of the foil, and sprinkle with 30ml of water. Close the foil around the chicken to make a loose, but tightly closed, parcel.
4. Bake the chicken in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven, allow it to cool slightly, shred and set aside.
5. Thinly slice the onion, garlic and ginger, and top and tail the mange tout.
6. Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the pack instructions.
7. In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan, and stir-fry the onion and ginger over high heat for 2-3 minutes until the onion is softened.
8. Add the garlic, bean sprouts, mange tout and five spice powder, and continue stir-frying for a further minute.
9. Drain the noodles well and add to the wok/frying pan, add shredded chicken and soy sauce. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes until piping hot. Serve immediately.