1 lb lean mince lamb
2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
½ tsp. dried rosemary
¾ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. sea salt or to taste
¼ tsp. black pepper
3 oz. tomato paste (about 6 tbsp.)
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (~3 ½-4 cups cubed) (topping)
1 tbsp. coconut oil or butter (topping)
½ tsp chili powder (topping)
¼ tsp. sea salt (topping)
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. In a skillet on medium heat. Begin to brown ground lamb. Once beef is partially browned, add chopped carrots, onions, peas and minced garlic.
3. Cook on medium heat until carrots are soft, about 10 minutes. You may begin making the topping while the meat filling cooks.
4. Once the carrots are soft, stir in tomato paste, seasonings salt and pepper.
5. For the topping: Steam or bake (at 375℉.) the sweet potatoes until fork tender. Then add all of the topping ingredients to a food processor (or blender) and process until smooth.
6. Final step: transfer the meat filling to a casserole dish (9 x 9 inch dish will work) and top the meat filling with the Sweet Potato Mash. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.