2 ¼ lb (raw weight) boneless chicken breast
4tsp olive oil
5 cups of low sodium chicken stock
5 cups of water
1.5 cups leeks
1t fish sauce or substitute 1t low sodium soy sauce
3 cups bok choy
3 medium zucchini spiralized (2 cups)
1 cup bean sprouts
2 tsp whole cloves
½ tsp Anise seed
2 tsp lime juice
½ cup chopped basil
2 tsp Ginger root
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Chop leeks into large chunks.
3. Peel ginger and slice into small chunks.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake on top rack for 25 minutes.
5. Flip leeks and ginger halfway through.
6. Add in cloves in last 5 minutes of baking to toast slightly.
7. Cook chicken in olive oil in a pan until cooked all the way through.
8. Place stock in large pot, along with the Anise seed, cloves, fish sauce, ginger, and leeks.
9. Bring stock to a boil and then lower heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
10. Add in bok choy and allow to wilt.
11. Divide bean sprouts and zucchini noodles among 4 bowls and top with soup.
12. Place basil and lime juice on top and serve.
13. If storing for several days, keep stock separate from bean sprouts and zucchini noodles so they don’t get mushy.