4 small lamb leg steaks (300-400 g)
3 garlic cloves
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
salt & pepper, to season
juice from 1 lemon
1 tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup fat free Greek yoghurt (Chobani)
1 tbs. fresh chopped mint
1 whole meal pita, sliced into 8 wedges
2 cups of baby spinach
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
6 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
30 g of low fat feta, crumbled
1. Process the garlic cloves, rosemary, salt & pepper, all but 2 tbs. of the lemon juice and the olive oil in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Place the steaks on a plate and rub the rosemary & garlic mixture in the steaks, leave to marinate for at 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the Greek yoghurt, mint and 1 tbs. of the reserved lemon juice. Stir to combine.
4. On 2 serving plates, evenly spread the baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, olives & feta and dress with salt, pepper & the remaining tbs. of lemon juice.
5. In a hot pan, sear the lamb leg steaks for about 3 minutes on each side or to your liking. Once cooked, rest on a plate for 5 mins.
6. Meanwhile, warm the pita in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Place 4 wedges of the pita and 1/2 the mint yoghurt on each serving plate.
7. Once rested, slice the lamb against the grain and serve evenly across both plates.