1 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp. chia seeds
2 scoops JP vanilla protein powder
2 tsp dark cocoa powder
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. coconut oil divided
3 tbsp. almond milk plus more if needed
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. dark chocolate morsels
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chia seeds, protein powder, cocoa powder and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
2. Add in the peanut butter and stir to combine until mixture is crumbly and peanut butter is evenly distributed.
3. Add in the coconut oil, the almond milk, and honey and stir to incorporate. The mixture should be pretty sticky and moist (i.e. not dry and crumbly). If not, add a little more almond milk.
4. Line a small, flat and rimmed dish, like a casserole dish, with parchment paper. Using a spoon, firmly press the mixture into the dish, making sure to press it evenly. This will be the thickness of the bars. Once the mixture is firmly pressed, put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
5. While mixture is in the freezer, heat the chocolate morsels and remaining 1 tsp. coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, or until chocolate is smooth and liquidity.
6. Remove the dish from the freezer. Keeping the oatmeal mixture on the parchment paper, lay on a flat surface. Slice into 8 even bars. Separate the bars slightly and drizzle the hot chocolate over with a spoon.
7. Return the bars to the refrigerator in an airtight container and allow the chocolate to cool and set, about 5-10 minutes.
8. To store, keep in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.