1 leaner protein
¾ vegetable serving
2 pounds 2 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 teaspoons evoo oil, divided
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
½ cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
2 tbs. lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
6 ounces spinach
½ tsp salt (divided)
½ tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Heat 2 tsp of EVOO oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat.
3. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper before transferring to the hot skillet.
4. Sear the chicken 2-3 minutes per side, just until it develops a golden-brown color.
5. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Allow the pan to cool slightly before heating the remaining 2 tsp of oil over medium heat.
6. Toss in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
7. Pour in the chicken broth, yogurt, lemon juice, and oregano and stir until the mixture is smooth.
8. Let the mixture reduce for a few minutes until it has thickened.
9. Pour in the spinach and sprinkle over another pinch of salt. Let the greens wilt down, stirring occasionally.
10. Place the chicken breasts back into the pan and transfer the pan to the oven.
11. Bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
12. Serve chicken on a bed of the wilted spinach and top with a drizzle of the creamy sauce.