1 cup mashed sweet potato (from a baked sweet potato - all sticky and sweet)
1/2 cup+ No-Chicken Broth (or substitute vegetable broth)
1/2 cup soy milk, original
orange or satsuma zest (a pinch)
salt (3 pinches)
chipotle powder (1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup diced avocado
2-3 tortilla chips, crushed
dash of seasoned chili salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bake your sweet potato until tender.
3. Remove potato skin, add to blender along with the broth and non-dairy milk. Blend on low until smooth. Taste a drop to see that it is slightly bland at this point. Add the salt and spices to taste. Add the zest last and folded it into the poured soup.
4. Serve with garnish or avocado and crushed chips over top.
5. Nutrition (per recipe): Calories: 259kcal, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 47g, Protein: 12g Fiber: 7g, Vita A: 776%, Vita C: 65%, Iron: 13%, Calcium:23% also rich in potassium, manganese and B vitamins.