2 cups cooked cauliflower florets, riced (finely chopped)
2 large eggs
½ cup onion, minced
3 t. dried parsley
1 t. Italian Seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ fat-free shredded cheddar
salt and pepper - to taste
1. To quickly rice cauliflower, place it in a blender or food processor, cover with water and quickly pulse then drain in a fine mesh strainer until most of the water is out.
2. Place 2 cups of riced cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl. There should still be enough water in it for steaming. If cauliflower was prepared ahead of time you may wish to add 1 or 2 T of water to the bowl. Cook on high for 4 or 5 minutes. You want the cauliflower to be tender but not mushy. Drain well, press with a paper towel to get the riced cauliflower as dry as possible.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
4. Combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.