1 1⁄2-2 lbs. eggplants, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
15 ounces tomato sauce
4 ounces diced mild green chilies
1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 1⁄4 ounces sliced black olives, drained
6 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Spray baking sheet with oil and place eggplant slices on it in a single layer. Spray the tops of the eggplant with oil. Bake until soft when pressed about 15-25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small pot, combine tomato sauce, chilies, onions, cumin, garlic powder and olives. Bring to a simmer, then simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Turn oven down to 350 when eggplant is done.
5. Arrange half the eggplant slices in a single layer over the bottom of a shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Spoon half the sauce over eggplant and sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
6. Bake at 350 until heated through and bubbly (about 30 minutes).
7. Top with sour cream if desired.