8 cups cabbage (whatever type you like) chopped
1 cup celery diced
1 ½ cups white onion diced
2 large carrots diced
1 bell pepper
3 cloves garlic minced
8 ounces mushrooms, broken into pieces or sliced into large chunks
8 cups (2 boxes) vegetable or chicken broth
1 tablespoon Italian blend (or 1 ½ teaspoon oregano and 1 ½ basil dried)
4 large tomatoes diced (or 1 14 oz. can tomatoes with basil or Italian style)
½ teaspoon red ppr flakes
1 cup kale, chard or spinach fresh
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Add celery, onions, bell peppers and carrots.
3. Sauté until tender. Add water if they stick to bottom of pan.
4. Stir in garlic.
5. Pour in broth.
6. Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
7. Bring to boil then reduce heat.
8. Cook until cabbage is tender.
9. Stir in spices.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning.