1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs (skinless boneless breast substitution)
6 tablespoons cornstarch
1 large onion, diced
1 cup frozen peas and carrot
hot steamed rice
1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon rice wine or 1 teaspoon sake
1. Mix together sauce ingredients (from oyster sauce to the end) in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Cut chicken into a small dice, about 1/4-inch.
3. Heat 1-2 cups peanut or other cooking oil in your wok.
4. Place cornstarch in a small bowl and begin to dust chicken pieces, shaking off excess.
5. Fry in hot oil in small batches until crispy and golden, about 2-3 minutes; drain.
6. Remove oil from wok and discard.
7. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in wok and stir-fry onion about 1 minute; add peas and carrots and cook another 30 seconds.
8. Add sauce mixture to wok along with chicken pieces and stir to coat everything evenly.
9. Serve at once with hot steamed rice.