1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease cookie sheets.
2. Beat together peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. Add beaten egg and baking soda to peanut butter mixture and beat until well combined. Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
4. Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet and flatten with tines of fork making a cross pattern.
5. Bake until puffed and a golden pale, about 10 minutes.
6. Cool cookies on baking sheet about 2 minutes and then transfer with spatula to rack to cool.
7. May be kept in air tight container at room temperature for 5 days.
8. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.