1⁄4 cup dry sherry
1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 (16 ounce) skinless salmon fillet (1 inch thick)
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a shallow dish; stir well. Add fish; cover, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350-400 degrees).
3. Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade.
4. Place fish on grill rack or in a grill basket coated with cooking spray; grill, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
5. Transfer fish to a serving platter, and keep warm.
6. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes or until marinade becomes thick and syrupy.
7. Spoon over fish; serve immediately.