4 cups sliced strawberries or other fresh fruit
1 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
2 cups white whole wheat flour, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1. Spray bottom and sides of crock pot with cooking spray.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup flour with strawberries and toss.
3. Pour into crock pot.
4. In the same bowl, mix remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, remaining 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt and melted butter.
5. Add milk and whisk until smooth.
6. Pour batter over strawberries. Do not stir.
7. Crock Pot on low for 2 to 3 hours or until crust is done and bubbly.
8. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.