2 medium cucumbers (peeled, sliced 1/2 in thick & halved)
1 medium red onion (roughly diced)
2 large tomatoes (seeds removed & diced)
1⁄2 green pepper (thinly sliced & cut in 1 in strips)
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons white vinegar
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon seasoning salt (more to taste as desired)
1. Peel & slice cucumbers in 1/2 in thick slices. Then half ea. slice & transfer all slices to a large mixing bowl.
2. Roughly dice red onion & add to the bowl.
3. Quarter tomatoes, remove seeds, rough dice the tomato “meat” & add to the bowl.
4. Thinly slice 1/2 green pepper, cut slices in 1 in strips & add to the bowl.
5. Toss prepared “veggies” to achieve a good distributional mix.
6. Add last 6 ingredients to bowl, mix well & refrigerate at least 2 hrs (stirring at least once to redistribute ingredients).
7. The cucumber cut is important. If thinly sliced, most cucumbers wilt & do not retain their crunch. When all ingredients have been combined, the mixture will appear dry & lack a creamy texture or appearance. That will begin to change almost immediately.