4 -5 slices bacon
1 head green cabbage, cut into wedges
2 tablespoons butter
1⁄4 cup water
1 (1 lb.) package smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pcs
salt & pepper
1. In a large frying pan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain.
2. Add cabbage, butter and water to bacon grease and cook until tender. Stir occasionally to coat all of the cabbage with bacon grease.
3. Stop cooking when the cabbage is still a bit crunchy. Add salt and pepper to taste maybe a little more butter, not much.
4. Slice sausage and lay on top of cabbage. Continue to cook a little longer to warm the sausage.
5. Crumble bacon over all. Great with black eyed-peas and cornbread.