½ tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
4 bone-in pork chops, ½
olive oil cooking spray
1. If your chops are 1 inch thick, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place it in the oven to allow it to heat up.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, salt and pepper, then rub the mixture onto both sides of the chops.
4. When oven has reached 400 degrees, sear the chops: heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat, about 3 minutes.
5. Spray with olive oil cooking spray.
6. Add the pork chops.
7. Sear 2 minutes per side, without moving the chops, until well-browned, even charred in spots.
8. If your chops are ½-inch thick, they should be ready now (check with a thermometer - internal temperature should reach 145 degrees F).
9. Transfer to a platter, loosely cover with foil and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
10. If your pork chops are 1 inch thick, transfer them to the hot baking sheet, place in the oven and bake 10 minutes, to a slightly rosy internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
11. Transfer to a platter, tent with foil and allow to rest 5 minutes, then serve.