1 pound raw chicken tenders (8 tenders)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 cups almond meal
¼ cup olive oil for frying
1. Pound the chicken pieces thin, using a meat pounder.
2. Beat the eggs with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
3. Place the egg mixture in a shallow bowl.
4. Place half of the almond meal in another bowl.
5. Dip each piece into the egg mixture, shaking excess off, then dredge in the almond meal, pressing to adhere until well-coated.
6. After making 4 tenders, add the remaining almond meal to the bowl and prepare the remaining four chicken tenders.
7. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes.
8. Place half the tenders in the hot oil and fry about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
9. Place on paper towels to drain.
10. Carefully wipe the skillet using paper towels, add the remainder of the oil, and fry the second batch.