½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Place all the ingredients except for the topping in a shallow bowl. Use a fork to mix everything together.
2. Form into eight balls, each weighing 20 grams. If mixture becomes too soft to work with, refrigerate for five minutes and continue working.
3. Place the chocolate balls on a platter lined with wax paper.
4. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon shredded coconut.
5. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes, but remove from fridge 5 minutes before serving to allow to slightly soften.