olive oil spray
1½ cups (a 6 oz container) fresh blueberries
2 cups (10 oz) white whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup light olive oil
¾ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
¼ cup whole milk
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups with olive oil spray.
2. Wash and dry the blueberries.
3. Toss 1 cup blueberries with 1 tablespoon white whole-wheat flour.
4. Set aside the remaining ½ cup.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and sugar.
7. Gradually add the eggs, yogurt, milk and vanilla, whisking after each addition.
8. Add the flour mixture and stir with a spatula just until combined.
9. Fold in 1 cup blueberries.
10. Transfer the batter to the prepared muffin cups.
11. Place the remaining blueberries on top of the muffins (3 berries for each muffin) and press down gently.
12. Bake 20-25 minutes, until muffins are puffed and golden, and a toothpick inserted in center of one of them comes out clean.
13. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a cooling rack, then 10 more minutes directly on the rack before serving.