24 – 1″ pieces from about 1/2 small pineapple
2 large bananas, sliced into 24 bite sized pieces
12 small to medium sized strawberries sliced in half
150g(5oz) good quality dark chocolate
2 tsp coconut oil
1. Chop fruit and assemble into stacks.
2. Press a popsicle stick through the fruit and freeze until solid.
3. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper or a silicone mat.
4. Melt the chocolate along with the coconut oil either in a double boiler or in the microwave using short intervals and stirring frequently to prevent burning.
5. Once completely melted, remove the frozen fruit from the freezer.
6. Dip the fruit in the chocolate, let the excess drip off for a minute and then place on the sheet to harden. If desired, dip the chocolate covered side immediately in chopped nuts or coconut before placing on the sheet to harden.
7. Once the chocolate is completely hardened (you may need to place in the freezer for it to harden completely), remove from the sheet and place in an airtight container to store in the freezer until ready to serve.
8. When ready to serve, remove them from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for a couple minutes before serving – if you can wait that long