2 whole ripe bananas, mashed until creamy
⅓ cups peanut butter
⅔ cups unsweetened applesauce
¼ cups vanilla whey protein powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter extract
1-½ cup quick oatmeal, uncooked
¼ cups chopped peanuts
¼ cups carob chips
1. Preheat heat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a large bowl, mix mashed banana and peanut butter until completely combined.
3. Then add in the applesauce, vanilla protein powder and vanilla and butter extracts.
4. Mix again until completely combined.
5. Add in the oatmeal and nuts to the banana mixture and combine. (Add the optional carob/chocolate chips at this time if you want them mixed throughout.)
6. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
7. Drop cookie dough, by spoonfuls, onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and flatten cookies into circles, about a 1/3″ thick. (If you want the optional carob/chocolate chips on the top of the cookies, push them into the cookies now.)
8. Bake cookies approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown and done.
9. Remove from oven and let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then move to cooling rack. (If you want the traditional fork tine marks on the cookies, use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to score the tops of the cookies while they’re still warm.)
10. When cookies are completely cool, store in a covered container.