2 large eggs, about 4 ounces in shell
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup raw local honey
4 tbls coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 cup mini Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a 7.5 x 3.5 inch Magic Line loaf pan or 6 x 2 1/2 inch paper loaf pan with parchment paper (leaving a good amount of flap on both 'long sides' of the pan) You can also use a regular 8 inch bread loaf pan, but the loaf will be thinner and the baking time will be less.
3. In another bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt and spices together. It is important to use the scoop and sweep method when measuring the almond flour (or weigh it at exactly 10 oz.)
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix till well combined with no visible lumps.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan, making the top smooth.
7. Bake for about 55-60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. If you use a larger loaf pan, it will make a thinner loaf and the baking time may be less. If the loaf begins to brown too much toward the end, cover it with some foil for the remainder of the baking time. It also helps to lower the oven rack so that the top of the loaf is not next to the coils, if using an electric oven.
8. Cool completely in the pan before serving. The flavor and texture of nut-flour breads is typically best when eaten cooled.
9. Letting it rest before cutting into it will allow the moisture to redistribute, making it less likely to be soggy.