12 ounces wheat pasta
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 large sprigs basil, chopped
4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, in a large stock pot.
2. Pour in vegetable broth.
3. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano.
4. Drizzle top with oil.
5. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
7. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
9. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.