1¼ cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup + 2 tablespoons (165 grams) natural peanut butter
¼ cup (80 grams) honey
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
½ cup (90 grams) chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C.
2. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. 3. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined.
4. Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice.
5. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
6. With wet hands, form into 1½" balls.
7. Place onto a silpat or a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.