2 large sweet potatoes [about 7-8” long and 3-4” diameter]
1/3c baby portabellas, diced
2 tbs chives, finely diced
2 tbs cream cheese, room temp
1. Preheat your oven to 400* and wash your potatoes.
2. Place on a pan [or right on the rack] in the middle of your oven for 35-40min, until about about 2/3 of the way cooked through. Do not prick with a fork.
3. Whisk together the egg + cream cheese until smooth then whisk in the mushrooms, chives, salt, and pepper.
4. Remove from the oven and carefully carve out a bowl in the potato using a knife to make the cut and a spoon to scrape.
5. Try to make sure the hole you carve out is the about the same width from end to end.
6. Scoop slightly deeper on the thinner end. This will help ensure the egg cooks evenly and doesn’t overflow.
7. Start about 1” from each end. Remove about 3/4c of potato from each.
8. Reserve and/or cook the excess potato if you like.
9. Place potatoes on a baking sheet, sprinkle the carved potato with a pinch of salt, then pour in half of the egg mixture to each.
10. Bake for another 25-32min until the egg is set.
11. Broil on the top rack for 1-3min until golden brown.