6 cups rice krispies
1 bag (10.5 -oz) miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter
2 cups creamy peanut butter
4 cups miniature peanut butter cups (about 40), quartered
1 cup chocolate, chopped
1. Prepare a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Measure the cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Melt the marshmallows and butter together in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
4. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stirring well to evenly coat the cereal.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and use a small buttered piece of waxed paper, plastic wrap, small zip lock bag, or the back of a spoon sprayed with cooking spray to press evenly into pan.
6. In a small sauce pan melt the peanut butter over medium heat until thin.
7. Pour over the quartered peanut butter cups, stirring gently to combine.
8. Then pour over the treats. Use the back of a spoon to gently spread the peanut butter mixture evenly across the top of the krispies.
9. Melt the chopped chocolate (either in the microwave or over the stove) stirring frequently.
10. Drizzle the melted chocolate across the top of the peanut butter mixture and place the pan in the refrigerator to set before cutting and serving.
11. Store in an airtight container.
12. Alternatively: make stir cereal and marshmallow mixture as directed above and press into pan. Melt peanut butter and chocolate together, stirring frequently until melted. Pour over the Krispies, spreading to cover. Place in refrigerator to set, then drizzle with more melted chocolate.