2 Granny Smith apples
1 cup water
1 cup sugar divided
1 stick butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
8 canned biscuits
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peel, core and slice apples vertically into 8 slices each.
3. Cover with cold water to keep them from getting brown while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
4. In a medium saucepan, mix the water, 3/4 cup of the sugar, butter and vanilla over heat and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Separate each biscuit in half. Wrap biscuit dough layer around a slice of apple, stretching it to slightly overlap and seal the bottom.
6. Place the wrapped slices sealed side down in a 9 X 13 baking pan.
7. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the apple slices.
8. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops of the wrapped apples.
9. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.