16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
3 tbsp corn oil
75 g unsalted butter, softened
3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
50 g fresh breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6.
2. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
3. Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.
4. Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning.
5. Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
6. Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.