4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chicken stock
1 lemon juiced, zested
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream, or half & half
chopped parsley for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 350. Pound chicken to about 1/2 inch thick. Season both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. In an oven proof skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in chicken and brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken to platter.
3. Add onion to skillet and cook until just softened. Stir in garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Add in chicken stock and lemon juice, scraping the bottom of the pan as needed. Bring sauce to a boil and let cook until it reduces by half.
4. Once reduced whisk in butter and cream. Place chicken back into skillet.
5. Place skillet in oven and let cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove and serve with chopped parsley.