3 cups milk
1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Whisk milk, tapioca, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes.
3. Whisk 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the beaten eggs, slowly. Whisk the egg mixture back into the tapioca until well mixed.
4. Bring the pudding to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat, cook whisking for 2 minutes longer until the pudding becomes thick.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. The pudding may be served warm or chilled.