1 1/2 pounds turkey meat, de-boned and pulled
4 tablespoons of olive oil
5 carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
1/3 cup of flour
2 1/2 cups turkey stock
1/2 cup almond milk, or 1% milk
1/2 cup white wine
16 ounces frozen peas, thawed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
8 phyllo dough sheets, thawed These come frozen so you'll need to thaw them out before you assemble the pot pie.
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots and onions; season with salt and pepper, and cook until carrots are crisp-tender, 8 minutes. Add thyme and cook for 1 more minute. Add flour, and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3. Gradually add turkey stock and white wine, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a simmer and thickens, about 4-6 minutes. Add in milk and stir for 1 more minute.
4. Remove from heat; stir in peas, lemon juice, and turkey. Pour filling into a 9-inch x 13-inch dish.
5. Stack phyllo on a work surface. Place 2 pieces of phyllo on the filling mixture, tucking in the edges around the pan. Lightly brush the with olive oil. Repeat with remaining phyllo and oil, until all 8 pieces of phyllo top the filling. Be sure to tuck in the edges of the dough as you go.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven until golden and bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle the thyme on the top of the dough if desired. Let pot pie cool 15 minutes before serving.