1 pound pizza dough
¼ cup marinara
¼ cup barbecue sauce
½ small red onion, sliced and cut into slivers or half moons
2 tablespoons cilantro, rough chopped - plus 1 tablespoon for garnish
1½ cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
6 ounces Italian 5-cheese blend or mozzarella
green onions and more bbq sauce if desired for garnish
1. Line a 6- or 8-quart oval slow cooker with parchment paper (see note below), then with tin foil (see photo above). The foil should come up on the sides of the cooker (you will use this as a way to lift it from the crockpot when it’s cooked). Spray the tin foil well with cooking spray.
2. Roll out the dough on a floured surface, to an 11x14 oval shape. Transfer the dough to the slow cooker, making sure it covers the entire surface area. Fold over the dough 1 inch around the edges, to create the raised outer crust.
3. Mix the marinara and BBQ sauce together and spread over the crust.
4. Now sprinkle on red onions, cilantro, shredded chicken and cheese.
5. Take a long sheet of paper towel and cover the top on the crockpot. It needs to fit the full length and width of the slow cooker. Now cover with the lid and cook on high for 2 to 2½ hours. Crust should be puffed up and golden.
6. Garnish with more cilantro, green onions and more BBQ sauce if desired.