1 box white cake mix
1 small box (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
1/2 cup good quality milk chocolate chips
1 3/4 cup skim milk
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
2 bananas, sliced
1 cup pineapple, chopped
1/4 cup sugar
whipped cream for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a 9/13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
3. In a large bowl, mix the pudding mix with milk. Whisk until fully combined. Use a large spoon or whisk to add in the cake mix until fully incorporated and smooth. The mixture will be quite thick, which is fine. Stir in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. In another large bowl, mix together the strawberries, banana, pineapple, and sugar. Stir to combine and let macerate for at least 5 minutes.
5. When ready to make the cake, pour the fruit into the bottom of the baking dish, making a thin layer.
6. Top with the cake mix and spread with a spatula or spoon to create a smooth top.
7. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the cake is completely cooked through.
8. Serve warm topped with fresh whipped cream.