1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers (about 1 sleeve)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg, separated
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
cherry pie filling
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder.
3. In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Add the egg white and beat until well combined.
4. Stir graham cracker mixture into butter mixture until just combined.
5. In another medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until combined. Add in egg yolk and vanilla and mix until smooth.
6. Using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons), scoop out the cookie dough and place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly, pressing your thumb or a round measuring teaspoon into the center of the ball to create a small bowl shape. Repeat with the remaining dough.
7. Spoon or pipe the cream cheese mixture into the indents of the cookies.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until the filling is barely set and the cookies are lightly golden.
9. Allow to cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing them and cooling completely on a wire rack.
10. Spoon cherry pie filling onto cooled cookies just before serving.