1 ½ lbs ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
½ cup cooked rice
¼ tsp black pepper
1 ¾ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
½ tsp salt
3 cups beef broth
3 tbsp water
2 tbsp cornstarch
1. Combine ground beef, onions, rice, black pepper and egg; divide into six equal portions.
2. Shape each into a 1 inch thick patty. Coat a skillet with cooking oil and cook patties for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
3. Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook for three minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and beef broth; cook for another ten minutes.
3. Return patties to the skillet, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the patties to a platter; keep warm. Combine water and cornstarch; add to broth mixture, stirring well.
4. Bring to a boil then cook ONE minute more. Serve over patties.