2 6 oz salmon fillets
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 tablespoon of mustard
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tablespoon of Canola oil
lemon or lime wedges, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, grated garlic cloves, mustard, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and Canola oil until a paste has formed.
3. Liberally season the fish with salt and pepper. Then smear the paste onto the flesh side of the fish.
4. Heat a cast iron skillet (or oven safe) on the stove and then add a bit of oil to the pan. Cook the fish skin side down first until it’s golden brown on one side, then flip and place in the hot oven to cook through.
5. Cook until the desired temperature has been reached. Garnish with fresh lemon or lime wedges.